Thursday, October 4, 2007

Scrabble

A few of my friends have taken to playing Scrabble on Facebook and anytime I think of Scrabble, I think of Waco, TX.

Random, eh? Not so much. At Mission Waco's homeless shelter, a group would often be playing scrabble before heading off to bed.

One memory in particular stands out. Roy was incredibly smart and usually had amazing words to make with his letters. I say "usually" because one time he came up with a word that can still make me laugh to this day.

Glover. Many insisted that wasn't a word. His response? "Glover. One who gloves." I think he was going for the baseball player catching a ground ball image.

We kept a dictionary around and I can't remember if they looked it up, but I'm pretty sure the word didn't count.

Hilarious.

1 comment:

Terri Stratton said...

Maybe you should join us. We have a good time and I'm pretty much whipping David pretty badly. I'm 10 for 11 games. Want to take me on? LOL LOL.