Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hand in the Toy Machine and Other News of the Weird

You know those game machines that have the claw and you have to try and grab a stuffed animal after putting in your quarters? I know those very well. I got stuck in one.

It was at a mom and pop ice cream shop around the time I was 5. I wasn't going to steal, I was just curious if I could touch a toy, were I to shove my arm up through the little trap door.

Problem was, my arm didn't come back out. It wasn't until rescue personel came to help that I was free from that rather odd encounter.

Fast forward a bit. I went on an overnight field trip with my fifth grade class. I woke up with a blurry spot in my eye. Twas a tick, right where you might put some eyeliner. I still think I am missing an eyelash from where they had to lay me on the table and pull it off me.

Fast forward a little more. My brother was on a community baseball team and I loved to read. "Heads up!" They called and everyone cleared the bench. My nose in a book, I just slid over a couple feet. The ball landed right on my head.

At the emergency room the doctor asked me to count backwards from 100 to 1 by 7's. I got to 93 and was stumped.

If you want to fast forward even farther you can check out my very first blog site at http://rebeccalee782.livejournal.com/ and read about why the whole cast of Whinnie the Pooh has a mental condition or how I saw what could easily be explained as a possible pigeon murder. There are also entries about my travels around the country, but for a lot of them you have to go pretty far back.

I refuse to be dull.

No comments: