Tuesday, December 18, 2007

This Day in History

Today is my third college graduation anniversary. On December 18, 2004 I walked across the newly renovated D.Rich stage and got a piece of paper telling me where to pick up my diploma. What did I do that night? Why, what any college graduate would do: I went to see the Raleigh Ringers, a professional hand bell choir, with friends. (Might I add that I had a wonderful meal with my family earlier that afternoon.)

Two years ago today a friend and I went to Barnes and Noble to see the juggling Rabbi. He was amazing and told Hanukkah stories and did different juggling tricks.

And so, with such random events two years in a row, I declared December 18 'Random Day.' Except I didn't do anything random last year.....and I don't plan to do anything random today.

But my nickname is Random, so maybe that's enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word. Today, as you can see, I am reading your blog. I was about to IM you to see what was up and I came across the link in your AIM profile. Anyway, I read you attended a performance of the Raleigh Ringers. A woman who used to attend my old church (Clinton Baptist) is (I think she still is) a Raleigh Ringer. Her name is Dawn Edwards. When I would sometimes get discouraged about not being married and all that fuss, I would sometimes think of her cuz she is such a beauitful woman and as far as I know, never married. Just wanted to share. Hope things are well!

Anonymous said...

oh, i forgot to mention, she moved down to Cary quite a number of years ago. Very musically inclined.