Monday, December 17, 2007

Raindrops Keep Falling On........The Bell Peppers

So, I realize from my last post that I could sound like a fundamentalist. I'm sure if you go a few posts back to my views on the North Carolina Baptist State Convention and their policy regarding homosexuals, you'll see that I'm actually a moderate. Oh yea, then there's the fact that I'm a woman going into ministry. It's just that, we can have different views than someone in regards to theology or other matters and still say something when there's hypocrisy against that person.

Moving on, I went to one of the Ft. Bragg Commissaries with my mom the other day for some good family grocery shopping. I must say, the produce section was the highlight of the trip. As mom looked for appropriate vegetables I heard thunder. "What's that?" I asked mom. She told me it was going to rain...on the produce.

Sure enough, I soon discovered the misting action of the sprayers above the fruits and veggies. Every few minutes the sound of thunder (and I think lightning cracking) sounded from the section to be sprayed, and was audible throughout the entire produce section.

Ah, sweet tax dollars at work. But to be honest, there's far worse things they could spend tax money on than produce alarms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Rebecca!greetings from milan..Chia