Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Goodbye, Sweet Cavalier

On Sunday morning my car died. Now my quaint little 2000 Chevy Cavalier has had a few problems in the past, but my family has found Chevys to be quite reliable. Still, my little four-door did not fair as well as others.

We actually got the car in late 1999 and it was a pretty big deal because the year 2000 was a pretty big deal. So having a 2000 in 1999 was pretty nifty.

But my first car did not live as long as most of our other cars. $100 and free towing is all my family gets for the car.

I am trying to see some positives. For instance, there was hardly any gas in the car when it died. I'm glad I hadn't filled it up that morning. And I will also be able to save on gas money.

True, it is kind of like being 14 again. I had to work at 8:30 but my dad had to work at 8:00 this morning, so I had to leave early. I love to drive and especially love driving back roads, but my trips to Cary must cease for the most part. Maybe, just maybe, I could borrow one of my parents' cars once or twice a month just to get to Barnes and Noble!

But for now I will spend more quality time with my parents as they drive me around and I am at home more evenings. I am determined to make the best of this.

I asked God to make my car fixable. Then I asked him to take care of my traveling needs. Then I asked him to make my car fixable. I even asked him to make my car fixable for under $100! He already knows my desires, so I just prayed them. So, maybe my car won't get fixed, but I'm pretty sure He'll meet my traveling needs.

May my parents and I not go crazy.

1 comment:

David Stratton said...

Bummer about the car. Since you live so close to Raleigh, maybe you should watch the NC State Surplus sales. Sometimes one can pick up a decent vehicle at a low price on their weekly sealed bid auctions. Email Terri and I'll send you a link if you want.