Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Um....

Tonight I went to my first ever yoga class. I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive; especially after studying Hinduism in World Religions. But it was Memorial Baptist Church, and figuring they're Biblically sound, I went ahead and went to the class with my mom.

It was taught by a lady I know at church, so that made it more comfortable. Yet, as we sat there and we closed our eyes and she said, "Ummmmmm ", I knew that were Erin there we would have giggled quite heartily.

We tried all kinds of weird moves and positions and there was only one I really couldn't do. I think it was towards the end, as we were laying there in the dark, that I thought that my perception of "ummmmmmm" was more like "um...." as in "um....what on earth is this?"

In fact, at one point, as I stood there, bent at the waist and seeing a hallway at Memorial Baptist upside down, I began to think what a great movie intro that could be. The movie jumps on the screen and everything is upside down. It then flashes to the main character (camera rightside up now), as she bends in an "ummmm" upside down pose and narrates, "I have no idea how I got here." Story continues.

I think my mom and I are gonna go again next week. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: