Friday, September 21, 2007

On Blogging

So, I'm in this Ministry of Writing class and it has produced a precise response within me: the beginnings of humility regarding my own abilities. I say beginnings of humility because I realize the hypocrisy of calling oneself humble. Trust me, that I am not.

For this class we are supposed to start or continue a blog. That was no problem for me, as my faithful friend Rachel introduced me to the blogging sphere years ago. But then there is the question of content.

There is often the pressure to post these incredibly deep and insightful posts, especially now that my professor will be taking a look. However, nobody is deep and insightful all the time. My blog is not to inspire the world- though were that to happen I'd be pleased. My blog is about communicating with family and friends. I want them to see a more holistic picture of me; the deep, the random, and the light-hearted. So yes, I might blog about what God has been teaching me. Then again, I also might blog about the hilarious headline I read in the nearby smalltown newspaper.

So that's my explanation of my blog. You can take it or leave it, but I hope you take it.

No comments: