Thursday, April 12, 2007

What Color Is Your Parachute?

For me, that would be the primary colors and green. Who knew kids of all ages could appreciate a giant peice of fabric? I must say that teaching the parachute class is a wee bit more exciting than teaching board games.

In other news, I am listening to that Vitamin C song that was so popular when I graduated high school (yes, my high school year can be remembered by a woman named for part of the nutritional spectrum). Anyways, the song "Graduation" talks about how the high school graduates talk about where they'll be when they turn 25.

Now, I graduated high school at 17, so 25 seemed pretty far off at the time. I turn 25 this summer. As the plan goes (and I know God has taught me a lot about how plans can change) I will be turning 25 in Harnett County, North Carolina, fresh from a semester in Chicago. I'll be babysitting the kids, just finished up with an advanced theology course, and enjoying my last real summer break.

The song also questioned whether the graduates would be the same when they started making big money. Ha! I don't think big money is in my future. So, at 25 I will have a better understanding of God's call on my life- a far cry from my broadcasting in NYC ambitions at the age of 17. Life changes for the better all the time.

No comments: