Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Uh-Oh

So there's this cat in my life right now. Her name is Uh-Oh (seriously). Normally this wouldn't be worth blogging about, but this cat stalks people.

It all began simply. I moved into this house (which my supervisor at Breakthrough so graciously allowed me to) and I began to enjoy the cuddly pet.

Then it started staking out my room. It loves my closet and one time I heard faint meows. Thinking they came from the cat in the hallway, I looked, only to later discover her meowing from the other side of my closet door. That's not the only time the cat has suprised me by hanging out in the closet.

If I pick her up to put her out of my room, she whines. Sometimes I have to dart out of my room, quickly pulling the door behind me to prevent her from spending all day in there. And then, just when you think she can't get you, there she is.

I was taking trash out back tonight and I looked up. There, in the third story window, sat the cat....staring (this would be a good time for some Hitchcock Psycho music). As I type she is laying on my bed, which is better than when she walks across or rubs her head on my laptop.

She's stopped scaring me. I've experienced enough of her "just appearing" to know better than to be startled.

I love animals, I really do. But when that German Shepherd ran at me today and barked at me before I knew what hit me, I realized it. There's no pet like you're pet and my pets are waiting at home. I'll be there soon.

No comments: