Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Same Kind of Different As Me

I know that so many of us are busy with work or with school that will start soon, but I want to tell you about this book I have. I actually checked it out from the library and read it in Chicago, but bought it not too long ago so that I would have a copy for myself and to lend to others.

It's "Same Kind of Different as Me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore with Lynn Vincent. This book was absolutely amazing and is well worth the read. The line on the front of the book (so you'll have some idea what it's about) is, "A modern-day slave, an international art dealer, and the unlikely woman who bound them together." It's a true story and is such an incredible testimony to Christ's healing of man-made division. I realize I sound like an advertisement, but this book was so powerful to me and I'd love to be able to talk about it and process it with more people.

Please, please...if you have even the slightest notion that you might want to read it, borrow it from me. I would love to discuss it with you.

No comments: