Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Dear Tech Support, It Was My Dog

As many of you know, I have lately had a hard time deleting and backspacing on my laptop since those keys, and one other one of which I am not certain which one it is, are missing. How did this happen? My dog decided to bust into my room and use my laptop as a stage. Sound absurd? Here's a little tidbit of the online chat I had with a sales rep. I have cut out the more tech sounding stuff:


Agent (Nidhi_105620): "Thank You for purchasing a Dell product. I can see from our records that you have contacted us for the first time. Let me assure you that i will provide you the best possible support and help resolve any questions you may have."

Rebecca Frederick: "thank you"

Agent (Nidhi_105620): "You are welcome."

Agent (Nidhi_105620): "Could you elaborate the issue."

Rebecca Frederick: "some of the keys (3 to be exact) came off my keyboard, and there are a few other loose ones nearby the missing ones"

Agent (Nidhi_105620): "May I know how did this happen?"

Rebecca Frederick: "well....this sounds ridiculous, but I work on my laptop while sitting on the floor. I also have dogs. One day one of my dogs pushed open my door and stepped on my laptop and broke it. I realize this sounds absurd."

Agent (Nidhi_105620): "I see."

Rebecca Frederick: "is my keyboard covered in my 1 year warranty?"

Agent (Nidhi_105620): "Rebecca, this kind of damage is not covered under warranty."

Rebecca Frederick: "so for the record, do I sound like a total moron?"

(personal commentary: there was a bit of a pause in response here)

Rebecca Frederick: "ok, you don't have to answer that. is there anyway I can pay to have my laptop serviced?"

Agent (Nidhi_105620): "Do not worry, I will give you sales number and the part to replace the keyboard kit."

Agent (Nidhi_105620): "Are you experiencing any other issue with system other than keyboard?"

Rebecca Frederick: "no"

Rebecca Frederick: "ok thank you"

Agent (Nidhi_105620): "Is there anything else regarding your Dell system that you need help with?"

Rebecca Frederick: "no mam"

Agent (Nidhi_105620): "Are you satisfied with the level of support provided to you on this interaction?"

Rebecca Frederick: "on your part, yes. on the part of it not being covered, not as much."

Agent (Nidhi_105620): "I understand."


Is that not hilarious???

No comments: