Monday, June 11, 2007

Sugar Cookie Mishap

Note: I just finished a paper for my theology class, so spelling is not a priority in this post!

So today I decided to venture into the world of baking with the kids I babysit. I went online, retrieved a recipie for sugar cookies, and set to the task. The older two each had a part in mixing and such.

Now, if any of you know my baking history, you know I am not the best baker. This is especially ironic since my career ambition in the first grade was to be a TV chef (see, my love for broadcasting started early). I did go through one phase of sucessful cooking. I got this Betty Crocker Beginner Basics cookbook. This thing is so helpful, in fact the only way it could be more helpful is to explain how to stir (grip spoon and move hand in a circular motion).

The sugar cookies totally didn't work. They didn't even bake right. I can't figure out what they didn't seem to hardly bake at all. Maybe they were too thick (I gave up on trying to roll the dough as flat as it could go....even with flour I couldn't get the dough not to stick to the rolling pin). Whatever the reason, I threw them out (after I already threw out the dough that was gonna go on the second tray...I know a baking failure when I see it).

So if you have any SUPER EASY recipies, please share them with me! Maybe I can try again with the kids.

Really quick, my five-year-old came up to me, holding a flag with a skull and crossbones in a red bandana on it. She asked me why the Christian flag was so fascinating. I told her that wasn't the Christian flag. "That's a pirate flag." Her brother told her. She shrieked and threw it. Now THAT'S entertainment!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey you are my favorite blog friend! I want to send you an email rather than post. what's your address or how do I mail you? mine is ritter.ashleyk@gmail.com