Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Waldorf Worldwide

Many of you may be familiar with the tune my little blog post is named after. Good Charlotte, a rather odd looking singing troup, are indeed singing about my hometown in that once-was-a-hit song.

I took a drive around Waldorf today while my mom took a trip to ye olde doctor. First I went by the new Starbucks to get a white mocha frappachino (my favorite starbucks treat) for the drive. I went by my house. They landscaped.

Sure, landscaping is good....but how are you supposed to sled down the front yard hill with a bunch of flowers and a brick walkway? And what's with totally changing the color and siding of the garage!? Was the way we lived not good enough?? Ok, really....I'm ok with it.

On my trip I passed my the house on a hill with a wrap around porch I used to dream of living in. I swung through town and passed My Brother's Place, where local bands (such as MXPX) would play before they got big. I went by the old mall and was pleasantly suprised to see new retail additions such as Build-A-Bear.

I stopped in the Borders where I once got to dance some very basic swing steps with a rather cute instructer. It was also the Borders parking lot where I first locked my keys in the car while it was running. I saw Boston Market and Einstein Bagel Bros. and Family Christian Stores, all of which I worked at.

There were stores I shopped at, neighborhood streets I walked on, and resteraunts I ate in. I think I miss my neighborhood most of all. There were miles and miles of sidewalks and you could literally get lost in the many streets and cul-de-sacs.

I didn't realize how much I missed Waldorf. As mom and I were leaving Borders I thought about how natural it felt, not odd at all to be back.

And of course it's always fun to browse the local section of the bookstore and see books on the nation's capitol. :)

No comments: