Wednesday, August 15, 2007

On Poverty

I had an amazing coversation today with the six-year-old I babysit. We were playing Monopoly (yes, with a lot of guidance a six-year-old can play Monopoly!) and she was about out of money, which she commented on.

She then said, "Some people don't have any money." To which I replied, "That's right."

She said, "Is that why you're moving to the city? To give people money?"

I replied, "Well, not to give them money, but to teach them how to get jobs and give them a place to live (as some examples)."

I was very excited to be able to share my ministry with her. Even though she is only six and lives in a family that has two parents in the household and they don't have to worry about money, she still gets it that others have less.

The precious faith and insight of a child.

No comments: