Monday, August 6, 2007

Country Club Travel

In all my time of driving the golf cart for admissions there was one rule: stay off the road. Well people, today I took it to the streets.

No, I wasn't working in admissions. I was working in Keith Hills, babysitting. The family I babysit for just bought a new golf cart, so the kids and I took it out for a spin. We headed up to the clubhouse for lunch and then took a leisurely drive around the block.

As we were leaving the house I was quite thankful for the golf cart driving test I had to pass that involved cone weaving, backing up, and crossing through a narrow space. I assured my kids that I had taken a golf cart driver's test, especially after my six-year-old asked me if I was old enough to drive a golf cart (you have to be 10. I'm not even sure why she had to ask).

Let me just say, owning (or knowing someone who owns) a golf cart is quite fun.

No comments: