Monday, September 8, 2008

New Job

I started a new job today and I loved it. Of course, I love being around books. One of my biggest struggles is not stopping what I'm doing to read the back cover of an interesting novel.

I feel a million times better- and cleaner- working at Family Christian Stores as opposed to Bojangles. It doesn't take 2-3 hours to close the store and there is no grease.

I actually feel somewhat challenged (if not much) because I have sales quotas in several areas that I am supposed to meet. It's nice to have goals and more responsibility than just shoving bags of chicken out a drive-thru window.

My co-workers seem fun. There's one who got a full ride to Duke Law School! The only problem is that I'm new and didn't have the inside scoop on the inside jokes so I had to choose between making myself a part of them or stocking the shelves; I wanted to try both, but I think I succeeded most with the latter.

So, if you're hanging out in Cary, come on by the Family Christian Store..and please, use your Family Perks card and buy a members only offer.

1 comment:

Chad Reed said...

is it true that the family that reads together, stays together? :p