Sunday, December 28, 2008

Writing Class

A little over a year ago I had to write my obituary for my Ministry of Writing class. I had a lot of fun with it because I could make up a crazy, wild story about my life. I came across it the other day and it makes me want to chuckle.

The amazing part about this story is that at 93 I could manage to throw myself in front of two school girls! And yes, in this version of my life I did marry the guy who plays Jim on The Office.

Now, my some of my life goals have changed a little from when I wrote this (such as wanting to live in all those cities!), but it still is interesting to read!


Rebecca Lee Krasinski, 93, of Chicago, died October 28, 2075 at the University of Chicago Medical Center after saving the lives of two young girls on the city’s South Side. On the morning of October 27 Rebecca sustained multiple gunshot wounds when she threw herself over the two girls as gunfire broke out on the street.

Rebecca was born July 26, 1982 to the late William and Denise (Gabriel) Frederick. She married actor John Krasinski of Boston, Massachusetts in 2011. Krasinski died on February 28, 2074.

Rebecca was a 65-year resident of the West Pullman neighborhood and founder of Breakthrough Urban Ministry’s Christian education center, commonly known as the Education Advocacy and Training (EAT) program.

Before moving to Chicago, Rebecca served as an urban minister in Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C. Rebecca held a Bachelor of Arts degree and a Master of Divinity degree from Campbell University in Buies Creek, North Carolina, and a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Urban Studies from the University of Chicago.

Rebecca was an ordained and active member of Lake Michigan Baptist Church. A strong Christian, Rebecca dedicated her life to helping those in poverty. A firm advocate of education, Rebecca founded the EAT center in 2047 as a subsidiary center of Breakthrough Urban Ministries.

Rebecca is survived by five children, Julia Lee McHogany of Chicago, Anna Beth Sandier of Lillington, NC, Brandon Michael Krasinski of Pittsburgh, PA, Sanyu Smith of East St. Louis, IL, and Jafari Krasinski of Oak Par, IL. Rebecca is also survived by fourteen grandchildren and twenty-two great-grandchildren. Rebecca was preceded in death by one brother, David John Frederick, of Charlotte, NC.

Friends and family will be received from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. at Lake Michigan Baptist Church on November 3, 2075. A 1:00 P.M. memorial service will be held at the church.

In remembrance of Rebecca, persons may contribute to Breakthrough Urban Ministries, 3330 W. Carroll Ave, Chicago, IL 60624.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I found your post very funny! At 93 I think you may have a hard time getting over there to protect the girls in time hehe! Also that is a very odd writing assignment to have to do. Raymond has had odd assignments already to. Makes me wonder where colleges come up with there assignments hehe.

From your cousin.