Friday, November 9, 2007

Krasinski, is it?

In my writing class we have been assigned to write our obituaries. I figured it would be as if we died now and we would have to sum up our real lives.

But no.

We can make up our lives and die when we're old. We could say we'd achieved all our goals.

That led me to a fantastic conclusion: I can pick my spouse!

In my obituary I will die as Rebecca Lee Krasinski, wife of actor John Krasinski, who plays Jim on "The Office."

I called my friend Mark to tell him this exciting news. He thought that last name sounded like the Unabomber.

That's no good.

So he looked it up. He said, "John's last name is Krasisnki, the Unabomber's last name is Kaczynski." Sound alike, huh?

I just found it hilarious that we had to differentiate between my "husband" and the Unabomber.

1 comment:

Bennett Willis said...

No blog post should go uncommented. :)

I think that writing your obit is a good exercise and hope that you adjusted a goal or two during the activity. You should probably keep it where you can find it and update it from time to time.

I was talking with a co-worker this week and we "concluded" that people who died while others could remember their accomplishments were "lucky." The alternative to "early" death is to just keep on making accomplishments. They don't have to be big ones--sometimes just living pleasantly is one. My Mother plays pool (6 games/day) and has taken up bridge in the last couple of years. She looks for things to do and ways to be useful. She is blessed with a good mind and good health for her age (mid 90's) but so long as she can function at all, she will likely do these same things. She has done them for as long as I have known her.

I take notes each time we visit her.

Bennett Willis