Saturday, April 12, 2008

One Month

I graduate a month from today.

Except for a semester I took off in undergrad, I have been a student since I was five. But even during that semester I knew I was going back to school.

Last spring semester I was still a student, but was interning in Chicago. It was almost like not being a student, but I knew I was going back to school.

I've had many years of summer breaks, spring breaks, Christmas breaks, and fall breaks. But during those breaks I knew I was going back to school.

I think I know what job God has lead me to, but I don't want to announce it until I know for sure. I think it is finally starting to sink in, this leaving school thing. I mean, maybe I'll go back part-time one day, but my full-time, always having gone to school days are about to be over.

I returned from Chicago on May 1, 2007. I remember thinking and praying about the next year, which would include my last year of divinity school. In a few weeks that year will be up. Then a couple weeks later I'll graduate and very soon after that I will move.

I am used to going places, serving for a couple months and coming back. But not this time. This time when I am done serving where God has lead me, he will lead me to another place to serve. There has been a lot of opportunities to serve here at Campbell, not all of which I've fully taken advantage of, but there is a longing God has placed in me to serve in other places too.

As I have mentioned before, very close to 1/3 of my life has been spent at Campbell. It is going to be a change.

I am ready.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. ~1 Corinthians 2:9-10

No comments: